you have to back to 1901 to find a december that was as cold as the one we ran in Holland today! duncan and i raunthrough snow for almost 5 hours and slipped and slidded our way to the Hook of Holland. It was a mamouth experience! it started in such great pain as our legs started working after the 30miles of yesterday. Profanities spilled from my mouth as I tried to come to terms with running on a dodgy knee. i whinced with pain every time it bent - which isn't great when you have 20 miles to go. Duncan was dealing with his own private hell and we got through singing various hits from Simon and Garfunkel. the snow started to fall and the wind blew. Icicles formed on our hats and scarves. but it was going to take more than a blizzard to stop us! I got passed by a cyclist who wanted to know where i was running. I told him. 10mins later he returned pushing 35euros in my pocket. Amazing! Duncan had to go faster than my shuffling pace and I lost sight of him after about two hours. From...
I recently quit my job as a charity CEO for a time of reflection, running and adventure. This blog started years ago as the musings of a 20-something wanting to change the world but now is part reflections on mid life and part travel log as I take on running challenges and make pilgrimages, including solo travelling back from Beijing along the Silk Road.

Comments