Pages

Thursday, December 07, 2006

10 hopes of an expectant father…

Today, our first baby is due to arrive on the world stage. My life is about to change. It is a plunge, like no other, into the unknown. But this is what I hope for:

1. Please God, that the little one doesn’t inherit my knobbly knees
2. That she'll never be afraid to speak the truth and defend nobility
3. That she will want to hug and be hugged in return
4. That she'll pursue life with energy and a sense of adventure
5. That she'll be no doubt that she is a miracle of inestimable worth
6. That laughter is central in our journey
7. That she grows up thinking freely
8. That I’m not one of those pushy dads – living their dreams through their kids
9. That one day our child will say 'I was there when Brighton won the Premiership'
10. That she'll grow up inspired to live bravely

ENDS