Pages

Friday, September 05, 2008

Double or Quits Marathon Challenge

In memory of my grandfather - one of the best grandfather's in the business - who passed away on Sept 2nd 2008, I'm running the New Forest Marathon on Sept 21st. I need your help (not just your money) in getting me round....

Here's my idea.... you make pledge to me via www.justgiving.com/markrowland for Christian Aid's work with poor communities. The twist is that if I run the race in 3hrs 33min or under (beating my twin brother's time), then you agree to double your sponsorship level.

Given that my best marathon time (i've only run one) is 4hrs 17mins, some would say I'd have more chance of outsprinting Usain Bolt. Nevertheless, I am up for the challenge if you are.

Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. If you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.

Thank you for standing with me.

Mark

No comments: